Monday, August 24, 2009

Start of classes

Hello!

I'm blogging right now to introduce myself, so.....here goes.....

Name: Rachel Rose

Age: 18.5

From: Bangor, PA (Not too far from the Delaware Water Gap and the Poconos; if you STILL don't know where that is, it's a couple hours north of Philly.)

Year: Freshman

Major: "Apparel Design and Retail Merchandising" (a fancy name for Fashion Design--I wonder why....)

Residence Hall: Twin Towers West

Interesting Factoid: I'm also on DeviantArt, an artsy sort of social networking site that allows you to share your artwork online; currently, in the site's chatting section, I am creating a chat room for all the Marshall students, staff, parents, etc. It's not done being customized, though.

I think English 101 will really help me with my writing (I also like to write free-verse poetry--if anyone would like to read some, please ask!) and my communication skills. It will also help me respect not only essay compositions, but also my older sister who's attending her senior year of college at Indiana University of Pennsylvania in Indiana, PA, which is just outside of Pittsburgh.

So, I have to wrap this up because it's almost time for classes to start.....I'll be heading over to Intro to Art, which should be fun because I like to draw a lot.....but I'm sure the coming year will prove to be educational and fun.

Don't worry: I'll help provide the fun! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Save Americorps!

Petitions by Change.org|Start a Petition »

SAVE THIS KITTEN!